Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's a Boy!

 Pregnancy Ticker

Here are our much overdue 2nd ultrasound pictures of
Brighton Matthew Lucas!

The first one is my favorite, because you can see his whole leg, foot, little fist, nose, and ribs! He is such a cutie, if I do say so myself! And does anybody else think his legs look super long? I haven't seen very many of these things, but they look long to me! Maybe a swimmer???? We'll see! :0)

This is the ultrasound where we found out he was a "he"! Except nowadays (probably because of people who sued hospitals and ultrasound techs--thanks, guys), they don't give out the pictures of the boy parts anymore! So I guess you'll just have to trust us until you see for yourself in about 3 months!!!







So, as soon as we found out, we decided it was time to register for our baby stuff! The first thing we did that day was to go with Mom (Nana to you, Brighton!) to Wal-Mart to get her Pack N' Play. She was super excited--and it looks super cute! We all pitched in to put it together when we got back to the house! Here's a picture of Nana with her Pack N' Play!




Then, Byron and I went to Target to start our registry there, and then down to Nashville to Babies R' Us to continue the festivities! At Babies R' Us, they were having a sale on all their Carter's clothes, so we went a little crazy and bought Brighton several outfits! They were just too cute to pass up!! And they look so adorable hanging in our closet on little baby hangers--it is happiness to peek in there every once in a while!



Here is the first one I picked out. This is the front:

And check out the back! I think you can see why this was a must-have.


And I loved that pattern so much, we got him a long-sleeve one, too. The little tag on the upper left says, "So happy." Again, you see why we had to have it.


This is the outfit that Byron picked out for Brighton. In case you can't read it, it says, "daddy loves me." Yes, he does. :0)


I can't wait to snuggle up to Brighton in this one!

And, for our "Little Monkey," we thought this was perfect!


This one is fleecy, and looks so warm! The tag in the upper left says, "squeezable."


Here's a picture of Daddy and Mommy -to-be! We're having so much fun feeling him move and even seeing him move now! You have quite a kick already!

Here's a picture of me with my girls before they left for college! Elizabeth, Jennifer, and Caroline--we miss you already! We all went out to eat at O'Charley's for a laughter-filled send-off!
Here's a picture of me and Jerri (I think this is actually the only picture I have of the two of us--we need to take more pictures!) at the pool party that was thrown for our youth choir. They did such a great job with the musical---I'll post pics of that soon. We raised about $6,000 for Zimbabwe! And, the cool thing is, I don't think we're done yet! :0)

2 comments:

Jack said...

Congratulations on this wonderful, life-changing journey you're on. (And Brighton is a very nice name.) Along those lines, I invite you to check out this video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/1237 -- about one new mother’s “aha moment.” Hope you like it and that you’ll also check out the rest of the site, created by Mutual of Omaha to highlight inspirational stories, good works, and “aha moments” of all kinds.

All the best – jack@ahamoment.com

Mom said...

Brighton, Nana has loved you from the moment I knew you were coming..Nana can hardly wait to wrap you up and hold you in my arms.I still remember holding your mama for the first time .her little breath aganist my neck..I pray every day for you and I know God will bless us...He already has.I saw you kicking the othe night..I am practing songs to teach you ..Be a good boy for mama and daddy ..They are the best or one of the best ..you have so many people waiting papa, Uncle Davidk, Aunt Susanne and Aung Betty Jo,.Nana is looking for you a stocking for Santa to fill thid year.I love you very much..Love ,Nana